I got the interview from sparrow, who got it from Kim. "The Interview" seems to be going 'round the blogosphere. If anyone wants me to interview them, just let me know in the comments. (Instructions are after the question).
Here are sparrow's questions for me, and my answers:
1. You're stranded on an island. You already have your Bible with you (you're so spiritual!), which 3 other things do you most want with you? (I'll let you have the Hubster with you too. Ain't I sweet? ;))
Yes, you are very sweet! Thanks for letting me have the Hubster, seeing as he's a lot better at building fires and shelters than I am. :-)
Let's see, the three other things I want most ...
(I guess I can't say "a computer with Internet access," because then I wouldn't be stranded for very long.)
Assuming the Hubster is taking care of our survival needs (ha), I think I would most want:
1. Pen(cil) and paper (can that count as one item?)--because I have to write or my head will explode. Plus, a Gilligan's Island-style memoir might be interesting to some.
2. A good knife--a necessity if I'm stranded in some wilderness-type place somewhere
3. Lots of ibuprofen--because I'll probably be sore and achy from helping the Hubster hunt and prepare food, build shelters, etc.
2. The power went out, everyone (even the cats) is safe. What are you going to do with the lights out? (this is a family blog)
Heh heh heh ... but this is a family blog! Seriously, I would probably play the piano. That's what I normally do when the power is out. If it's dark out, the Hubster would light the kerosene lanterns, and we might snuggle on the couch and just talk. (This is a family blog, so we're just talking, OK?)
3. How did you meet the Hubster?
I met him at the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers' Association (ALDHA) Gathering in Hanover, NH, in 1999. If you click on that link, it's a picture of the folks who attended the 2003 Gathering, which we missed because we were busy honeymooning. When we first met in Hanover, he had just finished his AT thru-hike and I was getting ready to start mine. We had no romantic interest in each other until 2001, when he was walking across the U.S. (Ohio to the Pacific Ocean) and happened to pass through my home state of Louisiana.
4. Which items are always in your grocery cart?
Ritz crackers. I'm addicted to them. Also bananas, orange juice, and broccoli.
5. You have a time machine. You can bring one person from history to the present and show him/her around. Who would it be and why?
My grandfather. He died when I was 12, and I miss him. It would be neat to show him how his grandchildren and great-grandchildren have turned out, and where we live and how we live our lives.
Want to be interviewed?
Here are your instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some :o)
Hi, Strangers! I've been blogging with my friend Anh over at Then a Gentle Whisper . Check it out!
You wouldn't believe how many Google searches on "English translation of Ständchen" lead to this blog. So I'm going to to ...
Li'l Boo at 20 months
Over Christmas, I was told that I was a "genius" and "brilliant" by friends and family who obviously like to carelessly ...