I've only played this game once, but I loved it because I got to see everyone else struggle to do the very thing I have to do all the time, every day: hear nonsense, and then reconstruct it to make some semblance of sense. An added perk was that I won the game easily because, people, I am good at this!
Now that I'm working remotely, I have a lot of conference calls and other phone calls. I generally try to get the people on the other end of the meeting to let me see them via the Zoom camera feature, but that doesn't always happen for a variety of reasons. The result is a rollickingly fun list of what I'm calling "DIY Mad Gab" phrases. Here's what I heard at a meeting earlier today. I've added punctuation because, well, I think it's funnier that way:
- Strategically as central as their enema resources
- Pleasure at times, but they don’t hide it for thousand dollars!
- Every cancellation is a turnaround at the seaport.
- Maybe marshmallow you guys?
- Freedom nuke givers are a treasure to your cause!
- We’re not engaging enema companies.
- Stop-starter back there, you’re money-driven!
- The nano man project, adieu!
- I fling that hard in that papoose!
- Oh wow! I was a cur and built for me!
- Let me see if I can springform an idea ...
- They’re doing what I kinda hetchin’ every day.
- It’s a way to kinda damn-damn ‘em.
- The deep take it well, it’s very offensive, and we can help.
- I never got Alton Brown.
- I’m immediately struggling to make my face.
- Those cheese help a lot.
- Stinkle sigh ...
Actually, there is a third option: Stop struggling and just type exactly what you hear. Because some of it is seriously funny. And this is not a "I'm laughing so I don't cry thing." At least not completely.
So, friends, I may be posting more DIY Mad Gab posts soon. Hope you enjoy!