All My Resolutions
Last year I made one New Year's resolution: To get back in touch with my musical self.
After a year of guitar and voice lessons, I can definitely say that 2017 was the most musical year I've had in a while, though I didn't play much piano. But I can chalk that resolution up as a successful one.
This year, I have several resolutions:
- To read the 12 books listed in my Back to the Classics Reading Challenge, hosted by Books and Chocolate.
- To figure out what is causing my leg pain, and to do whatever it takes to have it fixed.
- To become good at guitar.
I have a few lesser goals, one of them being to read more books and write at least five mornings a week (which feels weird, considering that, for most of my adult life, I've written multiple times a day, every day, for years).
Another is to decrease stress in my life. I'm still working on a plan for that.
- I've completed Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon. One down, eleven to go. I suppose I should watch the movie now that I've read the book. I'll post a review of the book here later.
- I went to the chiropractor today for an assessment, and I'll go back tomorrow for my first adjustment. We'll learn soon enough if the leg pain is due to a pinched nerve or a torn labrum. Hopefully it's pinched nerve, or I may be looking at hip surgery.
- I've worked my way through about 28 lessons on one of JamPlay's beginner guitar series. I'm taking a break from private guitar lessons for a couple of months and taking JamPlay's lessons in the meantime. Sadly, and a little surprisingly, I feel like I'm getting more out of the JamPlay program.
As with last year, I'll post periodically on my progress with these resolutions. Until then, a very happy 2018 to my three readers!