Burn Circuiting

My hair is sweat-soaked, doing what it does most naturally: parting itself right down the middle of my head, curling up into wings at the sides and at my temple, and poofing into two Golden-Arches-style bumps on either side of the middle part at the top of my head. My clothes are icky and sticky, and I probably stink. I can definitely smell the mix of sweat and the Aveda stuff I used yesterday. And it smelled so good when I squeezed it out of the bottle and ran it through my hair ...

But I'm happy because I finally worked out. Today's workout was Burn Circuit 1. I love that workout.

I've been procrastinating on workouts for weeks. I don't know why because I usually enjoy exercise. I think part of the reason is all the writing I've been doing: Writing simply offers more instant gratification than exercising does.

Each night, I plan to wake up and exercise first thing in the morning. Then, when I wake up the next morning, I tell myself I'll exercise while Scout is at school. And then, when Scout is at school, I tell myself I'll exercise after she gets home. Of course, it's impossible to exercise when she's home. So then I tell myself I'll exercise after Hubster gets home. But with dinner and dishes and Hubster-time and everything else, evening is the worst time for working out. So that night, after a full day of saying I'll work out, I promise myself a workout first thing the next morning.

Repeat. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm hoping I've started a new habit here. My plan is to work out while Scout is at school until I get addicted to exercising again. Once I'm addicted, it will be easy to change my workout time to 5:30 a.m. I know that from experience. And I'm going to post something here each time I complete a workout.

I know this is a very random, unexciting, and self-absorbed post (like most of the ones I've written in the past few years), but I wanted to publish this so it could give me some measure of accountability.

If you're reading this post and wouldn't mind leaving a comment, please leave one that says something to the effect of, "Now I know about your secret goal! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!"

Thank you! Shower time!

Comments

Sherry said…
Once you stop, it's hard to get back. If you can do it just two or three days in a row, you'll be back in the groove. At least for a while. That's how it works with me, anyway :)

Popular Posts