Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Good Read and a Fun Write

Friends, I seem to be writing a page-turner. I'm working as a co-writer, so the book won't be published under my name (which is the way I want it). But isn't that exciting? I'm writing a page-turner! A "good read"!

Even better, the novel is a "light read"! The kind of thing you would finish in a three-hour sun-worshiping session at the beach! The kind of thing you might read on the flight from Atlanta to Denver!

Why am I so proud of writing something so light and non-literary?

Because I've spent too much of my life being heavy and dark and depressed. And I know I'm a good enough writer that anything I write will be respectable (enough) from a literary standpoint. I'm not creating fodder for future American lit classes, but that's fine with me.

I'm just glad to be writing.

And I'm having more fun writing than I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment