Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monthbook Entry for July

Outside my window ... day is breaking. After a phenomenally rainy summer, the past two days have been beautiful. We spent one of those days at Max Patch, where Scout and I could twirl and sing "The Hills Are Alive." It was great fun.

I am thankful ... to live in such a lovely part of the world. Western North Carolina has its faults, sure, but I will never get tired of these mountains.

In the kitchen … I cleaned the floor yesterday and then dropped a plate full of (cooked) chicken on it last night. Thanks to my happy pills, I did not fly into a tearful rage and purposely proceed to break more plates.

I am wearing … an Ohio State t-shirt and LSU boxers.

I am creating … several pieces of writing. The goal is to have three pieces ready to send off to all the "little" magazines (including online ones) in the fall, which is submission season for a lot of them.

I am going to … try to finish a story this week. The working title is "But Now I See." In order to finish it, though, I need to take a long walk. I'm not sure where. I just know I need one.

I am wondering ... Honestly? If I will ever complete anything I start, creative-writing-wise.

I am hoping ... I can accomplish the above.

I am looking forward to ... seeing my doctor today. How weird is that? She's the one who introduced me to my miracle drug back in February, so I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for her.

I am learning ... that I need to pick what I'm going to be really good at, and not worry about being great at everything else.

Around the house … I've become a floor-cleaner. I admit it. I am cleaning my floors several times a week. (Lucky, we live in a very small house, so it doesn't even take an hour.) Why do I clean the floors so often? Because I love the feel of a clean floor under my bare feet. (Oh geez, I sound like a domestic-goddess type, don't I.)

I am pondering ... the money issue. I need to make money to help pay the bills, but all I want to do is work on my creative writing. Something in me is furious that I've always pushed the muse away to make room for money-making jobs. That something is making it terribly hard for me to get into "job hunt" mode.

I am reading ... Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews, and The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I am watching ... nothing these days. I've so loved not having television. The days are limited, though; Hubster wants to get cable (or DirecTV, or whatever) next month for football season.

I am listening to ... the blessed silence of a house where I am the only one awake. Of course, the birds are probably making a racket outside and I can't hear it because I haven't put my hearing aid in yet!

I am thinking ... that I really don't like this "day book" setup.

One of my favorite things ... is my new library card!

A favorite quote for today: Sorry ... I'm too lazy to look up a quote for today.

A few plans for the rest of the week include … meeting a friend for a bars session, and seeing two doctors: my "crazy" doctor and my "female" doctor. After that, no more doctors for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment