Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Daybook Entry for Tuesday, June 25

Outside my window ... who knows what is outside my window? The blinds are closed and the windows in this room are behind me anyway.

I am thinking ... that Scout is going to be up any minute.

I am thankful ... for the word "trump," which is what we call a fart in our family. The word makes me laugh every time.

In the kitchen … my counter is clean! That almost never happens!

I am wearing … my old glasses that make me wonder if I'm going to be prescribed bifocals the next time I go to the eye doctor.

I am creating … a plan for Scout's early education. Of course, it involves money, which we do not have, so I'm also creating a plan for somehow putting away that nonexistent money for Scout's education.

I am going to … work out today, for the first time in weeks. I will.. I really will.

I am wondering ... if we're going to watch The Sound of Music yet again today.

I am hoping ... we can afford a classical education for Scout.

I am looking forward to ... seeing my parents again. They'll be back in NC soon.

I am learning ... my way around our new town.

Around the house … there are still boxes to be unpacked and clothes to be hauled off to Goodwill. I'm thinking there will always be boxes to be unpacked and clothes to be hauled off to Goodwill.

I am pondering ... the challenges of being alone with a three-year-old for hours at a time. I do some things well as a mom, but motherhood definitely does not come naturally to me.

I am (re-)reading ... nothing at the moment. I'm between books.

I am (still) watching ... The Sound of Music at least once a day.

I am listening to ... the blessed silence of a house where I am the only one awake. I love that sound. I wish I could drag myself out of bed earlier so I can hear more of it.

One of my favorite things ... is Scout's love for music and dancing.

A favorite quote for today: Sorry ... I'm too lazy to look up a quote for today.

A few plans for the rest of the week include … vacation-planning. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment