Back Home Again
I have a bit of housekeeping to do. Like change my whole blogroll to blogs that I actually read now. Most of the ones in my current list are blogs I read three years ago ... and life has changed quite a bit. So here's a list of stuff that's gone on, in no particular order, mostly:
1. I gave birth to my lovely child in December 2009.
2. For two years, I cried every morning as I had to leave her with someone else while I went to work.
3. I decided a career change was needed. Something more flexible if not as lucrative.
4. So in May 2011, I went back to teaching, this time on the college level.
5. As with my previous teaching job, I loved it.
6. As with my previous teaching job, I gave it 200%, if that's possible.
7. As with my previous teaching job, I neglected my own health and ended up very sick.
8. As with my previous teaching job, I had to quit (for the time being) in order to heal.
9. There is definitely a pattern here, don't you think?
10. Anyway, I stepped down from my teaching job in early October.
11. That job didn't pay much, being a mere adjunct instructor position, but it did pay (unlike writing poetry, cleaning my own house, and playing with my own kid, which is mostly what I was doing after I left the paying job).
12. Number 12 is number 12, and that's good enough for me.
13. I've begun to promote health-related stuff by Beachbody. Ironic, I know, considering how I've tended to ignore and/or abuse my own health. And how I hate going to the beach and all.
14. Now that I'm not being an English teacher, I'm using the "and/or" construction all the time, and it feels naughtily delicious (as does using adverbs) (and numbering sentences that really shouldn't be numbered).
15. Anyway, about Beachbody--it's been a huge part of my recovery, which is why I want to share it with people.
16. These days I'm writing lots of poetry, working out, eating right, playing with my kid, getting to know my husband again, and being broke. It's a pretty good life, except for the "being broke" part.
17. Ah, well, can't have everything.
18. Come to think of it, I miss teaching, too. But not grading papers.
19. The is the penultimate item in this list. (Pet peeve: People who use "penultimate" when they mean "ultimate")
20. The End.
That's it for now. More later. Thanks for stopping by!