Dan had to work all weekend, but Anne and I still managed to have a wonderful couple of days together. Our exciting activities included a birthday party for a three-year old, and trips to the gear store, the health food store, the bakery, and the dollar store. (I think everyone in the dollar store knew Anne's name by the time we left; I must have said things like, "Anne, come back here," "Not in the mouth, Anne," "Anne, take Mommy's hand now," "Anne, put that back up," etc., the entire time I was there.)
Here are a few other things I'm thankful for these days:
301. dogwoods blooming
302. azaleas blooming
303. irises blooming
304. spring, spring, spring!
305. "Wild Geese," by Mary Oliver--a poem that has been on my mind a lot lately
306. Ella Monk--my sweet niece with the jazzy name and the beautiful smile
307. Sunday afternoons at the playground with Anne, Ella, and my sister, Megan
308. smiling so much my face hurts at the end of the day
309. the way Anne wants to carry her new Camelbak water bottle everywhere--just like Mommy
310. little girls in party hats
|Anne at the birthday party|
|No, she didn't keep the party hat on for long|
312. the privilege of being Anne's mommy
315. Schumann's "The Happy Farmer"--never one of my favorites, but Anne loves it, so I've dug out my old sheet music and am dusting this one off.
316. Anne's "funny face"--and how much it looks like my trademark funny face
|I'll try to find a picture of my funny face for comparison ...|
I know I ended that on a serious note, but hey ... I write these as they come to mind. For more gratitude thoughts around the blogosphere, check out Ann Voskamp's blog.
Hope everyone has a good week!