Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Wednesday Toddler Tuesday

I haven’t much been in the mood lately to write a Toddler Tuesday. Not sure why. But I have a few minutes, so I’ll write a few things.

Miss Anne is now 16 months old. She no longer looks like a little baby, though she is still quite small for her age. She has yet to hit the 20-pound mark on the scale. She has, however, gotten really good at weighing herself. She’s clearly imitating her Daddy, who weighs himself every morning. (No, Mommy does not go near the scale. Mommy is allergic.)

Speaking of Daddy, he’s been scarce these past few days. He left Friday morning and didn’t come back until Sunday afternoon because of work. And then he left Monday morning and didn’t see her awake again until today (thanks to two late meetings on Monday and Tuesday nights). This morning, when I brought her to our bed as always, she yelled, “Dada!” and crawled over to him and kissed his face. She couldn’t stop grinning and leaning against him and kissing him. He said it was a nice way to wake up.

She’s quite the kisser, our little Anne. There is nothing sweeter than getting a kiss, unasked for, from her.

She loves to sing “If You’re Happy and You Know It” because she can clap her hands and stomp her feet. I added another verse, “If you’re happy and you know it, kiss a frog.” She runs to wherever her Froggie is (sometimes in the next room), grabs him, and kisses him. Then the brings him to me so I can kiss him, too. So cute.

She’s a little obsessed with frogs. When we’re reading a book, if there’s a frog on the page, she squeals and points to it. If we go to Wal-Mart and she sees a frog stuffed animal, she squeals and runs to it. The girl loves frogs.

She loves to squeal when she’s happy, too.

She also loves clocks (the round kind, with the hands). Whenever she sees one, she squeals, points to it, and yells, “Cah!”

She also likes to play chase, with me chasing her. I’ll say, “Better watch out, Mommy’s gonna catch you!” and she takes off running, squealing with delight the whole time. I run after her, and when I catch her, I hug her and she just cackles with glee. So much fun. It’s during our games of chase that my face starts hurting from smiling so much.

When it’s time for a bath, I’ll say, “Anne, are you ready for your bath?” Up she goes, straight to her room, to open the drawer where we keep her towels and washcloths. By the time I get to the bathroom, she’s standing by the tub, towel and three or four washcloths in her hands.

She seems to be allergic to something other than the milk, eggs, soy, cats, and dogs that showed up on her allergy panel. The other night, she had a strong reaction (hives on the face and hands) to leftover spaghetti, which she’d eaten a couple nights before with no issues. She did get spaghetti sauce all over her face and hands this time, which she doesn’t always do, so I’m thinking the sauce may be irritating her skin. Sigh.

Miss Anne is still breastfeeding in the mornings and at night. Some days she doesn’t seem as interested, but on the weekends we’re back to several times a day. I don’t know when we’ll stop—it may be next month, it may be six months from now. I’m in no hurry, except for the fact that I really need to be on antidepressants, and I can’t start them until she’s weaned. Sigh again.

Anne continues to love music. I’ve gotten to where I can play piano for her a few minutes a night, and she loves it. She also likes to have music playing as she goes to sleep at night. She actually goes to the CD player in her room and presses “Play” before she crawls into my lap to read or nurse. And if the CD skips, she gets a little flustered, stops nursing, and waits for me to “fix” it. Sadly, one of our oft-played CDs of “sleepy classical music” (that’s what it says on the cover) is dying and skips (and gets stuck) a lot.

I don’t need no stinkin’ “sleepy classical music” CD anyway. Tonight she’ll listen to a “real” classical CD from my collection.

Anyway, back to Anne. That sweet darling.

Actually, I think this is the end of today’s Toddler Tuesday. I adore Miss Anne and am so excited that my busy season at work is over, and I’ll now get to spend more than a couple of hours with her each night.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share today. Scroll down to my most recent "Multitude Monday" post, and you'll see a few there.

3 comments:

  1. I love these posts! =D I wonder what it is about frogs?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is UNREAL!! (When it’s time for a bath, I’ll say, “Anne, are you ready for your bath?” Up she goes, straight to her room, to open the drawer where we keep her towels and washcloths. By the time I get to the bathroom, she’s standing by the tub, towel and three or four washcloths in her hands.)

    love it that she stops nursing when the CD skips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lifeinlimits: Her bedding is called "Leap Froggie," so I think that might be why she's so fond of frogs--she's been looking at them since Day 1. :-)

    Linda: She's a pretty smart cookie, that Anne!

    ReplyDelete