Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Toddler Tuesday

It's been a few weeks since we've had a Toddler Tuesday, and I'm afraid it will be a few more before I can sit and write a nice, long update about Miss Anne. Here are a few quick bullet points:

- Anne had her 15-month appointment last week. She weighs 18 pounds, 11 ounces (3rd percentile) and is 30.5 inches tall (46th percentile). She's still a very little girl! The doctor said we shouldn't be concerned about her weight. I'm not. Honestly, I'm kind of glad that we don't have to worry that she's eating too much.

- She's talking up a storm. All one-syllable words so far, but my ... that girl can communicate! One month ago, we counted 22 words. Now she's saying at least 40, maybe more, including mama, dada, gee (GG), paw (Paw Paw), up, Keith, Mo, Anne, Nee (Nina), toes, key, baba (milk), frah (Froggie), car, no, yeah, knee (not to be confused with Nee), talk, cat, woof (her word for dog), and teeth.

- We visited her GG and Paw Paw last weekend. She calls them "Gee" and "Paw." How cute is that? She would point to my mom and say "Gee!" Made my mom's day every time.

- She can pucker up for a kiss. I would say, "Go kiss Paw Paw," and she'd walk across the room to him, lips puckered the entire time.

- She can blow kisses. She blows kisses all the time.

- She used to wave by opening and closing her hand. Now she has more of a "Miss America" wave.

- She's starting to take more of an interest in puzzles. She still hasn't quite gotten the hang of them yet.

- She's not asking me to read to her as much as before. She prefers to read books on her own. Fine by me. I sit in the glider and read my book while she sits on the floor and reads hers.

- Her favorite foods are spaghetti, ham, broccoli, cauliflower, and Ritz Crackers. She has no taste whatsoever for anything sugary, including fruit and chocolate chip cookies.

- She says "yeah" and "no" and seems to know what they mean.

- She knows all her body parts.

- She's started to undress herself. That's OK with me as long as she doesn't take her diaper off while she's in bed at night. So far, so good.

- Last night I asked her if she could say "Nina." She got a huge grin on her face, pointed at me, and yelled, "Nee!"

- We're still breastfeeding. I'm thinking our days are numbered, though, because I need to start taking a not-safe-for-breastfeeding medication soon.

- She loves to go down the "big slide" at the local playground. All by herself. Feet first, on her stomach. The girl has no fear.

- She loves to climb. She is constantly climbing--steps, into chairs, onto the coffee table. Heaven help us.

- Changing her diaper has become a major ordeal. She writhes and turns and won't let me change her. I'm having to strap her down like she's a mental patient.

- Two weekends ago, we went hiking in the Siler Bald area of western NC, and our little girl hiked, for the first time, the entire width of the Appalachian Trail.

- She's the greatest 15-month-old. Ever. In the whole wide world.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that Anne hiked the entire width of the Appalachian Trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally reading the rest of your posts my laptop battery died and I had a gazillion interruptions before I could get back at the reading.

    I love reading your Toddler Tuesdays. It reminds of those special all-too-short years. Peach used to writhe and turn on the change table too. One time she managed to flip off. I caught her by the ankle just before she hit the floor. :oO I think I switched to changing her on the floor after that.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete