Monday, March 14, 2011

Multitude Monday #14

This is my first Multitude Monday in two weeks. Or maybe three. Once again, I managed to let myself get swept up in the urgency of life's demands and forget to be still, and be thankful. It was no easier last week; my mom had to go into the hospital with gallbladder-related pain in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, and then I ended up with a lot of tooth pain, for which I'm getting a root canal today. We're hoping my mom can have her gallbladder surgery scheduled for tomorrow or Wednesday.

I didn't go to work on Tuesday, which meant I had to work Saturday so I didn't lose PTO. (I've been the red for PTO for most of the time since I got back from maternity leave ... long story.)

So, I had a one-day weekend. My mom is at my sister's house, an hour and a half away, and I was too tired for three hours on the road Sunday afternoon, so Dan, Anne, and I spent the day together. After church, Anne had a nap, and then we packed up and headed out to the Appalachian Trail.

Crossing a bridge (Yes, I was a little nervous!)

But enough of my life. Onward to thankful thoughts ...

224. the fact that my mom was at our house, and not alone, when she started having the gallbladder pain. She was in so much pain she couldn't move, not even to reach over for a phone.

225. the fact that gallbladder surgery (laproscopic) is apparently relatively simple these days.

226. insurance that pays 80% of root-canal costs.

227. a beautiful Sunday afternoon for hiking on the AT

228. my 15-month-old blowing kisses for the first time

229. running up the trail with Anne in my backpack, both of us saying, "Woooo! Woooo!" and laughing

230. Anne's "hoo" echo: If Dan or I need to call the other person in the house, or on the trail, or (yes) in public, we'll yell, "Hooty hoo! Hooty hoo!" Anne seems to have picked up on it, and she echoes us when we say it, only she says, "Hoo!"

231. the way I've stopped craving orange juice in the mornings since giving up sweets for Lent

232. Lent

233. my "confession" friend, Katie

234. hiking -- the strong feeling in my legs and lungs, the weight of the pack on my hips, the feel of the Leki poles in my hands, the sheer joy inherent in the rhythm of walking on a trail

This is a short list today, but I need to get ready and go into work early. Hope everyone has a great week!

Here are a couple of pictures, since I haven't posted any in a while:

Anne loved riding in her new backpack
(a barely used Deuter Kid Comfort II, found on craigslist)

Dan showing Anne how to read a map
I hope to post a few more pictures for tomorrow's Toddler Tuesday. Meanwhile hop on over to Ann's blog to read more bloggers' thankful thoughts today.

holy experience

6 comments:

  1. YAY for Mondays! :)
    SO glad you were able to get out for a hike. That makes me smile. :)
    Hope the root canal went ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot going on! But so many blessings, too. Glad you counted them out here. I enjoyed reading them. Little Anne is SO precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lifeinlimits: The root canal went fine. For my next "thankful" list, though, I'm including Extra-Strength Tylenol!

    Lisa: Thanks for stopping by!

    Sherry: Thanks! I'll let my mom know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blowing kisses! The sweetest thing on your list today! Sounds like you have had a very full week, but finding the good in all things can really help, can't it? I've been so blessed by coming here today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read your root canal went well. (Saw it in the comments). I love how you go hiking with Miss Anne. She'll have a great love for the outdoors I'm sure! It made me smile to see her pouring over the map with Daddy. Too cute!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete