Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So Happy!

UPS delivered my first copy of Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are yesterday! This is a silly picture of me jumping up and down in excitement after getting the book:

Jumping: Yes, it's the only way
I can achieve full-bodied hair.

I say "first copy" because I ordered several, all gifts, months ago when I first learned that it was available for pre-ordering. I've been following Ann's blog since 2005 or so, and I've been eagerly awaiting publication of her book.

But ... would you believe that this dorky, scatterbrained reader forgot to order a copy for herself?

I did.

Happily, I won a copy--one of my very own!--in one of Marla's give-aways. And that's the copy I got yesterday!

Last I checked, One Thousand Gifts was was #11 in the amazon.com bestseller rankings. I won't be surprised when it hits #1. Ann is a gifted writer, and I'm thrilled to see that so many are ordering her book, and will be blessed and encouraged and changed by her words.

Congratulations, Ann. As you can see from my picture, I'm very excited about this book, and I can't wait to begin reading.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I lOVE that photo!! So excited for you! Enjoy the read. I'm going to have to order mine -- and soon too!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Love the picture and so glad you can begin reading! I can't wait to get mine . . . I think it shipped today. I'm a little jealous that you can begin reading before I can. Just a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete