Here are some things I was thankful for this week:
109. the crunch of days-old snow
110. warm sun melting snow on a still-cold day
111. how cold doesn't bother the evergreens
112. the sound of baby stirring early in the morning
113. stroking baby's head and back while she nurses--comfortable, warm, and secure
114. baby's first attempts to "moo" when asked, "What does a cow say?"
115. the way she grins when she knows she's accomplished something big (like mooing for the first time)
116. the fact that our town has two coffee shops that are great for writing, even though neither is technically a coffee shop
117. the folks at the Baptist church down the road; they always let me practice on their grand piano during my lunch breaks.
118. when depression unexplainably lifts (many thanks to new friends Audra, Deborah, and others for your prayers regarding this ...)
119. handwritten letters
120. an unlikely, unexpected "slow day" during the busy season at work
121. a brand-new notebook for writing
122. long, slow runs
123. little rocking chairs, passed down through the generations
|She climbed into this chair on her own yesterday morning.|
124. king cake
125. knit caps in Mardi Gras colors
|We got the little cap at Trail Days in Damascus, VA, last year.|
126. a rare warm(ish), sunny day in January for going to the park
|Behind the plastic "bubble" at the playground.|
127. a little girl who loves books
|Reading "Touch and Feel Kitten" in her rocking chair|
128. when I catch her reading on her own
|Reading "The Hidden Alphabet," a present from her Uncle Ghent|
129. my friends in the AT hiking community, and their love for little "Scout"
|Hopeful and Jen with "Scout" at the 2011 Southern Ruck|
130. relaxing after a good meal
If you'd like to read others' "Multitude Monday" posts, click the "One Thousand Gifts" image below; this will take you to Ann Voskamp's blog. At the end of Ann's post for today is a trailer for her recently published book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. I got an e-mail from amazon.com yesterday, telling me my copy has shipped. Woo hoo!
Have a good week, everyone.