Friday, November 12, 2010

Might

Hi, everyone.

I went to a counselor (because I am a mess), and it’s her professional opinion that I consider blogging again. Apparently, if I don’t have an outlet like this blog for letting words leak through my fingers, I become a mess. And if I close myself off and don’t interact with friends via the blog, I become an even bigger mess.

(I’ve never been one for interacting with people much in real life. Way too introverted for that. But I like the whole online thing.)

So, I knew blogging and online interaction with folks helped to keep me sane. But it’s different hearing it from a professional.

But I do need to guard against the "all about me" mentality that blogging seems to encourage. And I need to not let blogging replace creative writing and personal journaling. So there are things to watch out for.

So anyway, I might start blogging again. That’s my big news.

Any big news in your life?

9 comments:

  1. If I don't write I get all muddled, too. I am glad to see you back here.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do begin blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hope you start blogging again. Writing is a great outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's why I blog.
    Such a simple thing for mental health.
    It's weird how the compassion of virtual strangers can be so validating. I try not to analyze that too much, just appreciate it instead.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and you are NOT a loser... you're an addict (re: your label). ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see there was 1 new unread post in my reader from 'A Sort of Notebook'!
    Good to read you again, Waterfall!

    Cheers!
    -Anya (and little Imogen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I didn't remove this from my bookmarks. Not that I even considered it - you've been pretty consistent with coming back to the internet. Welcome, once again! I've been missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On a whim I checked your blog today and I'm so happy I did! I do hope you'll be blogging regularly - I have missed the updates!

    PISSS-GOOH, Kellih

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing. You and I are so similar. So many things are going through my mind ... It sounds like you found a great counselor. So many people seem to put down "online friendships"--Really, someone needs to write a great article about this. It's connecting with others that is important, I think. Having an online community has definitely changed my life for the better. (Also having a great counselor changed my life for the better.) I'm THRILLED that you're back to blogging. I've never gotten that "all about me" feeling from your blog, but it probably doesn't hurt that you happen to be a fascinating person. You can blog about you all you want. That's what I want to hear about.

    ReplyDelete