Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update for Wednesday, Sept. 22

Happy autumn, everyone! Here's a squash picture:



Autumn 2010, like autumns 2009, 2008, and 2007 before it, finds me up to my ears in my day job, which is actually more of a day-through-evening job these days.

Yes, I'm tired. And what else is new?

But you aren't here to read about me, so I'll give you the latest update on Miss Anne.

She had her nine-month doctor's appointment yesterday. She's a healthy, happy little boo who weighs 17 pounds and is 27 inches long. That's the 15 percentile for weight and the 35 percentile for height. No, she's not underweight or too thin ... one look at her chunky little thighs will prove otherwise. She's just a little girl. She'll probably be petite like her mama.

She is walking (some) with a walker. She loves books. She loves to dance and hear music. She's a very social little girl and loves to be around other children. (She definitely gets this from her dad.) She has a funny little laugh and is laughing more every day (but she still seems to have a seriousness about her).

Her favorite toy is my cell phone. She's actually figured out that, if she presses enough buttons, she can unlock the phone and speed-dial people. She discovered the ringtones feature yesterday and had a grand old time listening to all the tunes.

She's still getting a lot of breastmilk, but she's also eating solid foods. Her favorite foods so far seem to be carrots and sweet potatoes. She doesn't like bananas. At first, I thought, "How can she not like bananas? Doesn't everybody like bananas?" Then I remembered that I never liked bananas until I started running ... at age 36.

She still likes to go to bed at 10:00 and wake up at 5:30. She's begun teething again, so my usual lack of sleep is even more lacking. Sigh.

So, that's the Anne update. And this may be my last update for a while.

Hope everyone has a happy rest-of-September! Here's another squash picture, for those who weren't satisfied with just one:

No comments: