I Write Like ...

I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




So, "Stephen King" I got when I entered a few paragraphs from Chapter 5 of a novel I started working on 'way back when, before I got back into tech writing. I entered a few paragraphs from Chapter 1 and also got "Stephen King." Not a bad writer to be associated with, in my opinion.

Moving on, I entered a few paragraphs of a software manual that I wrote and got "Arthur C. Clarke."

Then I entered a few paragraphs of an e-mail I wrote this morning and got "Vladimir Nabokov."

I can't say much for the accuracy of the writing-analysis algorithm on the I Write Like site, but here's one thing I found interesting: I got a different writer for the different types of things I write. So maybe, just maybe, that reflects the fact that, as my purpose and audience change, I adjust my writing style accordingly--just as a good little professional writer should.

Or maybe the names of writers are generated randomly, and I'm the fool for reading in to it.

Still, it's kind of a neat site.

(HT: Challies)

Comments

Crawdaddy79 said…
Heh. My last blog post is written like George Orwell. This proves that this analyzer is incredibly accurate.
eArThworm said…
That made me laugh. So I tried it and I got Dan Brown. I didn't know who that was. So I looked him up and it's the 'Da Vinci Code' author. Never have read it (just saw the movie), so I don't know for sure, but I don't think I'm capable of writing a best seller! :-D

Popular Posts