Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mother Wakes Newborn in Morning!

Anne went to sleep last night at 11:00. When the alarm clock buzzed at 5:45 this morning, I panicked. Thanks to Anne, I always wake up before the alarm clock! Something must be wrong!

I raced to Anne’s room. She was fine. Sleeping soundly, thumb in mouth. She’d slept for almost seven hours. I was shocked.

But wait! There’s more!

I hated to wake her up, so I decided to get a shower and wash and dry my hair. Then I checked my e-mail. Then I cleaned the litter boxes. All while Anne slept.

Finally, at 6:45, I woke her up. I feel like this should be a headline in a major publication: “Mother Wakes Newborn in Morning!” It seems as backward to me as “Man Bites Dog.”

So, at nine and a half weeks of age, my baby slept for almost eight hours.* Hallelujah!



Life feels just a little bit easier today.

*At least I think she slept that long. There is a chance that she woke up at her usual 5:00 a.m. and cried, and then went back to sleep when we didn't hear or respond. I really hope that didn't happen, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment