Thursday, December 17, 2009

Update

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in so long. Things are going great with Baby Anne, but I've been too tired to do much online, other than posting the occasional status update on Facebook and responding to a few e-mails. I want to write an account of Anne's birth story on here before I forget it, so maybe I'll work on that this afternoon.

Motherhood has been overwhelming but wonderful. I am so in love with my sweet little daughter. I think breastfeeding must be one of the most fulfilling activities in the entire world. I can't even begin to describe how much I love being able to feed my little one and give her what she needs, nutrition-wise. It helps that she's a world-champion nurser who started nursing within five minutes of birth. Hubster said she nursed so well because she takes after him with his appetite. I said she takes after me because she obviously read the breastfeeding manual while in the womb.

Here are a few pictures we've taken recently:

Our little angel:



Hubster and Waterfall, marveling at the little miracle:



Father and daughter. She's already a daddy's girl, and he's already smitten.



See what I mean?



Ella is getting to know her cousin:



The Baxley women: Waterfall, Anne, Grandma Gwen ("GG"), Ella, and Megan



I'll try to write more later, but I don't know when. This post alone took me 45 minutes because I had to take a break to go nurse Miss Anne!

8 comments:

  1. She's so precious! What a wonderful Christmas season this will be, with your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's here! Congratulations, Waterfall! Such a pretty baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some women say it's a little weird to realize the baby who was inside you, kicking away for so long, is no longer there but in your arms now. Just curious if that's how you feel... ?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 13 months, I still haven't finished the birth story. Welcome to motherhood. :) Little Anne is so amazingly beautiful! Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful!!! Blessings to you and Hubster on this Christmas eve with sweet Anne...

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Everyone Who Says She is Beautiful: Thank you! I am eating all these compliments up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jammie J: Well, it's weird to think that she actually fit in my belly just a few weeks ago! What I love to do is feel her little heel and think that it's the same little heel that was constantly causing a little bump beneath my right ribcage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Waterfall! She's beautiful! Hope she had a wonderful 1st Christmas. Blessings - B.

    ReplyDelete