Tuesday, December 8, 2009

40.5 Weeks Pregnant

I haven't posted a belly pic in a long time, so here's one:



This is how I look at 40.5 weeks pregnant. Scout was due last Friday but decided his/her 98.6-degree home is preferable to the upper 40's and rain we've been getting in the western NC mountains. So we wait.

I went to the midwife today and Scout's heartbeat was the usual 140 bpm. I'm 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced--not a huge change after my 11-hour contraction marathon Friday night, but oh well. When she did the cervical exam, the midwife said she could feel Scout's little head. Pretty cool!

My body is apparently ready for Little Scout. Now we're just waiting for Little Scout to make his/her move.

9 comments:

  1. Actually, 80% effaced is good. You need 100% effacement before you can really get to 5cm. Once you're there, you're in the home stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are carrying a lot lower. Going to be very soon! I'm thinking girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to ask. Did she sweep your membranes? That's why my midwife did, and I went into labor two days later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, Nina. Shouldn't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hey, lookie there! You finally look pregnant! *giggles at my cleverness*

    I'm with krismeister, in this picture it really looks like Scout dropped. That's gotta be fun for you!

    *muwah*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris: Very low! I feel like this kid is between my knees by now!

    Donna: Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belch: Yes, she stripped the membranes, so now they're neckid as jaybirds now. So something may happen in the next 24 hours ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL... i just read your response to the membrane question... very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete