Scout Update

Clearly, Scout is trying to build up his/her calf muscles for hiking. That’s the only reason I can imagine for all this kicking.

I haven’t gone into labor yet, but I do have my hospital bag packed, just in case. Hubster set up the high chair last night (more for Ella than for Scout, since Ella will be having Thanksgiving with us), and he’s setting up the “pack 'n play” today.

He got quite a deal yesterday. We had several gift cards, and they all added up to afford the pack 'n play. He also had a coupon for 20% off, so he ended up getting money back on the pack & play. So he found a high chair we liked that was on clearance and something like 40% off … and the floor model was the only one left, so he got an additional 10% off. Which means he walked out of Babies R Us with $300 of merchandise and had to spend only $20 of his own money.

My Hubster is awesome. So are the nice folks who gave us the gift cards.

Here’s Scout’s new high chair:



Here’s Scout’s new Cadillac of a pack 'n play:



We’re going to have a spoiled little Scout. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, when Miss Ella gets to test out both of our new items!

Meanwhile, it's my last day of work before my maternity leave begins. I'm sitting at work, waiting for the next CD to come out for testing (not that I'll be able to test it), and getting a head start on some of the tasks that will confront me when I come back to work in February. Oh, and listening to The Nutcracker Suite.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts