Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daily Pregnancy Update

I wonder if I’ll start providing daily pregnancy updates, now that I have only 23 days to go. Or maybe I’ll just provide updates on the particularly riveting days. We’ll see.

Today I started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions. (And I thought focusing on work was hard enough already …) Here’s what BabyCenter.com has to say about Braxton Hicks:

“By the time you’re within a couple of weeks of your due date, your contractions may get more intense and more frequent, and they may cause some discomfort. ... these contractions may help your cervix “ripen”—gradually soften and thin out (efface) and maybe even dilate a bit. This period is sometimes referred to as pre-labor.”

So it looks like Scout, smart kid that he/she is, is continuing to prepare for his/her big entrance (or perhaps I should call it his/her big “exit”).

Here’s my other riveting news for today: The crib was delivered! It was supposed to be delivered in late September, but the company had stopped manufacturing it. So we ordered the new version and had to wait until the company built it. Then we had to wait for it to be “green-certified,” or something like that. So now, almost two months later, it’s finally here. I’ll take pictures once the baby’s room is set up. Meanwhile, here’s a picture of a similar crib frame:



My mom is going to be here this weekend to help wash all the baby clothes and linens and help us get the baby’s room “ready.” I am seriously looking forward to this.

So, that’s the riveting news for today. If these contractions continue into tomorrow, I’ll call my doctor.

Please, Scout, don’t come this early!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello ~
    this is Cynthia...scouter....remember this...a friend of mine told me this many years ago when I was 23 days until MY due date....the doctors are there for all of the technical stuff....the rest of the baby care...the rest you make up as you go along. Everything. You already KNOW what to do as a mother. You already know what to do. Every decision about if the baby needs to be burped or fed or entertained or the fussing or ignored or if things are clean enough or if they are hot or cold or comfortable or anything!!! There is NO right or more correct ...everything you do is the right thing. Now my kids are 15 and 16....everything you do and decide and think about and what you think you should do in some specific situation that before kids you never knew exsisted...... you are making it up as you go along. Just make sure you kiss him constantly and tell him he is your favorite constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pregnancy updates - hope they do become daily! They are great! Can't wait for the baby updates - and I hope they are daily too!!

    ReplyDelete