Monday, September 14, 2009

Deep, Meaningful Kicking

I want to write something deep and meaningful. I really do. Heck, I would be happy with merely thinking something deep and meaningful. But all I can think about, and all I want to write about, is how sweet it feels when little Scout kicks.

Instead of writing or practicing piano yesterday afternoon (I'd planned to do both), I just sat contentedy in my new glider rocker in the baby's room, played Bach for Scout, and felt my belly move as Scout kicked to his/her body’s content.

I guess that’s deep and meaningful in its own way.

I also keep thinking about how cute it was that Scout was quiet and still for the entire church service yesterday, except for when a young soprano sang a beautiful solo. For the length of the song, Scout went berserk with kicking. Once the song ended, Scout settled down and I didn’t feel another kick until I was in the car heading home.

I think this might be a good sign that Scout’s hearing is A-OK. And that Scout either really loves or really hates beautiful soprano voices.

(P.S. Comments are back. Don't tell the comment-spammers.)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, comments!! I love reading your blog, Nina! It is great.

    I think you will quickly find (and seems like you are already experiencing this) that little Scout will become the most meaningful aspect of your life!!

    And little Scout is so lucky to have a musical Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that you should just savor every moment of being pregnant. You don't know what the future holds, so enjoy the now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son kicked a lot. He came out with big feet and now wears a size 13.

    ReplyDelete