Week 24 Belly Pic

Here is a picture of me and Scout at 24 weeks pregnant. My usual belly-pic shirt (the blue tank top) was dirty, and I didn’t want to delay the picture any longer because, as of tomorrow, I’ll be halfway to Week 25. So here you go.



(I'm not sure what's going on with my hair in this picture. It seems that pregnancy has made it flippy at the ends.)

Scout and I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night we went with the Hubster (a.k.a. The Dad) to visit an old friend who was in Asheville for vacation. Then, on Saturday, Scout and I visited Aunt Megan, Uncle Stephen, and Cousin Ella. We spent all day Sunday with the Hubster (a.k.a. The Dad), and it was wonderful—it’s the first full day I’ve spent with my husband in months.

Sunday night was painful. I started having pain from round ligament stretching again, only worse than before. It lasted about five hours and I could barely breathe at times from the pain. I took two hot baths, and that seemed to help the pain temporarily. A heating pad didn’t do much. Tylenol didn’t help at all. Mostly I just lay on the couch and moaned and groaned and felt shaky and nauseated.

I was so glad to have the Hubster there. The pain last night was much worse than before, but it was more bearable because I had him with me this time.

I came very close to calling my doctor, but decided to wait until 11 p.m. If the pain wasn’t gone by then, I would call the doctor. It would probably be a good idea to rule out the possibility that I was going into pre-term labor.

Well, by 11:00, the pain wasn’t gone, but it had decreased substantially. I was able to go to sleep and slept the whole night through.

This morning I feel exhausted. The pain is still there, but it’s a dull pain—not the sharp pain of last night. The sharp pain feels like a knife being twisted into the lower-right of my torso, just below where my right ovary would be. Or it feels like someone has my ovary in a good, strong, grip and won’t let go. Ow.

So I’m called the doctor today, just to let them know what’s going on. They want me to come in for an appointment.

I feel like the wimpiest pregnant lady … I’m supposed to go for an appointment once a month, but I’ve been going at least twice a month for little complaints here and there. Oh well. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

(BTW, if you want to see the belly pics in succession, click the "belly pics" label below.)

Update: Yup. It's round ligament pain. Just as I thought. But at least I know for sure. And I got to hear Little Scout's heartbeat again. :)

Comments

Krismeister said…
You look gorgeous!!! And, you look pregnant! Enjoy it and let yourself be pampered! Love you!
Ms. George said…
Oh my gosh! I hadn't checked in for so long as I thought you'd given up the blogging.... Congratulations, I'm so excited for you and Hubster. Blessings and best wishes to you (I'm so embarrassed at the lateness). Take care!

Popular Posts