Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Pics

Our little Scout is growing up before our eyes. Here are some pictures from Friday's ultrasound:

First up is the profile and the wee little ribcage:



I think Scout moved while this one was taken (Scout moved a LOT!), so the profile is just a tiny bit blurred.

Next is Scout's forearm and hand:



It looks like four fingers, with the thumb hidden behind the hand. At least I hope there's a thumb there. Octaves are really hard to play when one is thumbless.

Next is our little hiker-to-be's foot:



Does Scout have eight toes? The better to make the trail miles with, my dear!

Here's my favorite one--Scout mugging for the camera:



I don't know if it's just me, but something about seeing my child's face for the first time, even as just an ultrasound image, just gets me all mushy and melty inside.

This next one is an odd-looking one. It's the nose and lip. I've added a labeled version to make it easier to understand:



And now, for perhaps the sweetest one of all. Hubster and I call this one "The Thinker."



No jokes about how Scout has a belly just like his/her mom/dad, please. :)

Note that we don't have any pictures that suggest whether or not Scout is a boy or a girl. Only one person knows what we're having, and that's the sonographer, whom we swore to secrecy. She was happy to oblige.

BTW, this is my 2009th post on A Sort of Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment