Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Calendar, and Some Random Thoughts

Warning: This is yet another baby post.

My baby progress calendar for this week is so boring. Here is some of what I'm learning this week:

Monday, July 20: You may have had an ultrasound and know your baby's gender.
Wednesday, July 22: Dad may become more involved in pregnancy.
Thursday: July 23: Moms might be having more vivid dreams or nightmares.
Friday: July 24: If you are planning to breastfeed, a breastfeeding class is recommended.

Yawn. I don't care what's going on, or what might be going on, with me. I want to know what's going on with Scout. Of course, I know what's going on with Scout. This is what the calendar should have said:

Sunday, July 19: Scout is bigger than he/she was yesterday.
Monday, July 20: Scout is getting yet bigger.
Tuesday, July 21: Scout's size continues to increase.
Wednesday, July 22: Scout is in rapid growth mode.
Thursday: July 23: Whaddaya think? Yup. Still growing.
Friday: July 24: Scout is bigger than ever.
Saturday, July 25: Scout is a giant.

I'm worried about how big I'm going to be in four and a half months. I really am getting bigger every day. My maternity tops are getting tight. This is rather disturbing, to have one's maternity tops getting tight.

My belly itches and itches and itches from the stretching skin, though my Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter is helping. But then I get stuck on that old chant from baseball, "We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!"

I am no pitcher. I, friends, am a belly itcher. Sad but true.

I shall leave you with that thought, for I now have to study my H&R Block materials for class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment