Monday, June 1, 2009

Tooth Sockets and Hair Follicles

Now that I'm well into Week 13 of pregnancy, Scout's tooth sockets and hair follicles have begun to develop. Isn't that sweet? Not that Scout will actually have any hair when he or she is born ... but it's good to know the old scalp is going to have potential.

I wonder ... will Scout have eye teeth? I have no eye teeth. But I was blessed with relatively straight teeth and never needed braces. So maybe Scout will get lucky. Sheltowee's teeth are pretty straight, too. Lucky Scout. Scout will get relatively good tooth genes.

And about this hair ... we're pretty sure Scout will have blond hair. My biological mother had blond hair (same as me ... started out blond, then got darker and darker and darker, and now it's almost brown). My biological father has brown hair. Both Sheltowee's parents had blond hair. So there's a good chance that Scout will be a blondie.

I can definitely feel that there is "something" in my belly now. Scout is, according to the experts about 3 inches from crown to rump and weighs about an ounce and a quarter. That's a whole inch, and a whole three-quarters of an ounce, more than last week!

Next prenatal appointment is June 23. I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again. Hopefully Sheltowee will be able to come with me.

No comments: