Friday, June 5, 2009

Offically, Officially, Officially

Today I am officially, officially, officially in my second trimester. I thought I was officially in my second trimester when I got to Week 12. Then I read that the second trimester doesn't actually start until Week 13. Then, somewhere during Week 13, I read that the second trimester starts with Week 14.

Ah, the joy of varying pregnancy calendars. Are we measuring from conception? For the gestational age? From the first missed period? (Usually when I miss a period, I merely end up with a run-on sentence.)

Regardless of what we're measuring and how, and whether my sentences are running on or not, I'm happy to say that I begin Week 14 of pregnancy today. My risk of miscarrying decreases even more now. Scout has begun to pee, is forming meconium (for you non-mommies, that's poop) in his/her intestines, and is about the size of a lemon (Scout, that is--not the poop--is lemon-sized).

I'm not "showing" yet. I'm about two pounds heavier than when I first learned I was pregnant, thanks to my lack of appetite. Still, I don't know why I'm not heavier, because I can tell I'm bigger. I bought some maternity jeans and think they're the most wonderful jeans in the world. But, to the rest of the world, I'm just the same old Waterfall. I fear I'm going to be one of those mommies who don't look pregnant until late in the pregnancy.

Don't you hate this "pregnancy" talk? I sure did when I didn't have kids. I can't say I like it all that much now, actually. So I'll stop now. Have a great weekend, all!

3 comments:

  1. I like hearing your pregnancy talk. It's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk away because one of my babies towers over me and the other is catching up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's adorable because I'm so very happy for you. Plus, I think you should document all of this for when you want to "remember" it. I hear the memory starts to go as your baby gets bigger...

    ReplyDelete