Monday, June 15, 2009

Banging

This is a random recording of bits and pieces of a practice session from about a year and a half ago. The sound guy at the Baptist church was testing their new sound equipment. It's not much to listen to. I'm actually posting this for a friend of mine, to see if we can successfully embed sound files into a Blogger blog, and this was the least ugly-sounding of the uncopyrighted mp3 and wav files I have at my disposal.

So, here is the sound file. I'm basically practicing one of my intermediate pieces. Then, just as I get toward the very end of it, the recording switches to a horrendous-sounding snippet from the last couple of measures of the C# major fugue.

4 comments:

  1. Wait... so you post the snippet and then tell us it's the "least ugly-sounding" and there's a "horrendous-sounding snippet"? This inspires me to listen to this how??? :P

    Only because I ♥ you... *scared look, prepares to cover my ears*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't terrible at all. In fact, it was very fun and peaceful. Weirdo.

    (And I mean that affectionately!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee ... I wasn't trying to inspire anyone to listen to it. In fact, I thought about taking it down, since I was just testing the ability to link to an mp3 from the blog.

    But then, I thought, "Someone like Jammie J. wil want to listen." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and then I did! hee hee hee

    You make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete