Thursday, May 14, 2009

The "Old Wise Tail"

Heh … on a baby forum I’m on, they were talking about heart rates and how a fast heart rate for the baby is supposed to mean it’s a girl, and a slow heart rate is supposed to mean it’s a boy. Normal range is 120-180.

Well, at the ultrasound, the heart rate was in the 170s. It was in the 160s when I heard the heartbeat the other day. So, according to the “old wise tail,” I’m going to have a girl.

Of course, it is an “old wise tail,” one that has been scientifically disproven (though my friend Lori said it held true on all of her kids) so who knows.

I don't think anyone will know, except maybe our sonographer, until the day Scout makes his or her debut into the world.

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I wonder how many people actually know about this. My best friends are having a baby and they don't know if it's a boy or girl...I wonder if the doctor tells people this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie McManusMay 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM

    This is just that... "an old wise tail" It has not held true for any child I know. Aidyn's rate would change each visit and this baby's is the same way. We started in the 150's, then 170's, then 160's, now back to 150's. Don't get your hopes up!

    ReplyDelete