Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ultrasound No. 2

Today, Hubster and I (and Scout’s Grandma Gwen) went to the doctor’s office for Scout’s second ultrasound. The purpose of this ultrasound was to help screen for Down Syndrome and several other genetic defects. For me, the real purpose was to see the baby again, and to let Scout’s daddy and grandma hear the heartbeat. :)

So, here’s an image from Scout’s latest photo session. Don’t try looking for a teedler or any other sex organ … nothing’s there yet. Or if it is, it’s not visible. It won’t be for another 4 to 6 weeks.



Of course, this image is so grainy that it's hard to see anything at all. So I've drawn in some identifying features. I've added a thought bubble so you can tell where Scout's brain is.



Grandma Gwen said Ella looked like this when she was in the womb (minus the helpful identifying features). I took that as a compliment. It means Scout has half a chance at being just as cute as Miss Ella.

Scout is about 2.5 inches long and had a whoosh-whoosh-whooshing heart rate of either 162 or 168 bpm (I don't remember what it was exactly). I know, that's in "girl range" according to the old wives' tale. Scout was also doing crazy somersaults throughout the whole ultrasound. There were also some hiccuping-like motions. It was kind of cute, in an ultrasoundy kind of way.

Many thanks to Trinda for helping me scan the ultrasound pics!

3 comments:

  1. I can already tell that you are going to have a Beautiful baby! And so photogenic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! That's what I get for skipping blog-reading for a long time - out of the loop.

    Very happy for you two! You'll make wonderful parents - and you a fabulous mom!!

    ReplyDelete