Sunday, May 3, 2009

Time for the Pig to Fly!

It's 5:44 a.m. and Janet's getting ready for her big race, the Cincinnati Flying Pig Half-Marathon. We stayed with some friends in West Chester, OH, Friday night, and last night we stayed in the Embassy Suites across the river, in Covington, KY. The race begins at 6:30 and we have a mile of walking to get to the finish line.

I'm a little sad that I won't be able to run it, but my body is now in the business of baby-making, and running will have to wait. Someone asked me why I didn't just walk the half-marathon. Ha. I'm lucky if I can make it two miles walking these days. The exhaustion prevents me from walking much more.

So my exercise for the day will be walking to and from the start/finish line, and going to several points in the race to cheer Janet on. This will be her first half-marathon, hopefully the first of many. It's 56 degrees Fahrenheit, currently cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. Actually, make that a 100% chance of rain at this very moment. It's supposed to warm up to 64 degrees, so it should make for decent race weather.

Time to get moving. Janet's pinning on her number and is just about ready to go!

I'll post some pictures from the race later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment