1. I thoroughly enjoyed being a spectator at the Flying Pig, but oh, how I wanted to be out there with the rest of the runners! I’ve already decided that, God willing, I’m going to start training for the next annual Flying Pig Half-Marathon in February of 2010. That will give me three months to train. I bet I can do it.
2. I hate the words “preggo” and “preggers.” I think “preggo,” in particular, is the ugliest word ever—yet it seems to be a popular term. Blech. I prefer “pregnant”—yes, the actual word. Even better is “with child,” even though it is a bit antiquated-sounding. But “preggo” and “preggers” just sound so … coarse.
3. I’m back in touch with my friend Jammie J. in California. I’m thrilled to be back in touch with her. I’ve missed her.
4. I’ve begun reading Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo. I remember my mom reading it when I was a child, and how she went on and on about how wonderful it was. I’ve always wanted to read it; you might say it’s been on my personal reading list since, oh, about 1980. I finally started reading it yesterday and am already 60 pages in. I’m going to like this book.
5. I’m also reading Uneven Ground: Appalachia Since 1945 by Ronald D. Eller. I’m taking a break from it, though. I haven’t read fiction in a while, and I was really craving fiction.
6. I don’t see how people in their first trimester manage to be productive at work. I feel like my brain cells are deteriorating by the millisecond. I honestly feel like I am shutting down mentally.
7. I’m a little over two-thirds of the way through my first trimester. I am so ready to be 3/3 of the way through.
I have written enough about my voice insecurities in the past, so I'm not going to go into that here. But I do want to write a little b...
You wouldn't believe how many Google searches on "English translation of Ständchen" lead to this blog. So I'm going to to ...
Over Christmas, I was told that I was a "genius" and "brilliant" by friends and family who obviously like to carelessly ...
This year's reading challenge will be Back to the Classics 2018 , hosted by Books and Chocolate . It's been a long time since I'...