Monday, May 18, 2009

200 More Days, & Some Car Talk

Well, Scout’s due date is 200 days away. According to my pregnancy calendar, Scout’s fingers and toes have begun to grow soft nails, and Scout’s intestines are developing.

Meanwhile, my nails are getting harder and harder, and my intestines are feeling, well, not as good as they could. But the morning sickness wasn’t a problem this morning, so I can’t complain.

Now that I have a baby on the way, I’ve decided that I need to get a baby-friendly vehicle. That, and my 2001 Neon is getting tired and we were planning to sell it this year anyway. Here is my number-one pick for a new Scout-transporter:



It’s a silver 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with about 31,000 miles on it. Sheltowee and I are hoping to go to the dealer and look at it today. We’re also going to consider a couple of other vehicles while we’re there.

Here’s the other used minivan they have on their lot:



It’s also a 2008 Grand Caravan. It has a lot more “bells and whistles” than the silver van, but it also has twice as many miles on it. It’s not significantly more expensive than my number-one pick, so I’ll probably test-drive it, just to see how I like it.

There are several used SUVs to choose from as well, though I’m really not crazy about SUVs. I would much rather a van. Among the SUV choices are a 2004 Explorer and a 2006 Explorer.

We won’t be looking at new cars. If we were, I would definitely consider the Ford Edge.



But it’s upwards of $30,000, and I just don’t see us spending that much money on a car, new or not.

The other choice is my mom’s Chrysler 300, which she and my dad have offered to sell me for a very reasonable price. It's not my style, and not the ideal car, height-wise, for toting a baby, but the deal itself is hard to turn down.



So we’ll see what I end up with. It’ll be sad to say goodbye to my trusty Plymouth Neon. It’s been a good car. But it’s time to move on.

No comments: