Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 9 Begins

According to BabyCenter.com, Little Scout is now nearly an inch long. Looks like we won’t be able to call it “Little” Scout much longer! Scout’s heart will also finish dividing into four chambers this week … and his little teeth are starting to form! The embryonic tail will go away this week, which means Scout won’t grow up to be a kitten after all.

BabyCenter.com tells me that my waist may be thickening a bit. Um, not quite. I thought it was, but everything fits about the same in my waist. My butt, on the other hand, is thickening quite rapidly, most likely due to bloating. So what else is new?

Seriously, I am ready to get big. I never thought I would say that, but I’m actually eager to start looking pregnant. Right now I’m a non-pregnant-looking person who feels pregnant. Also, I’ll feel like there’s something there; right now I can’t feel anything, and “Scout” seems like little more than a character I’ve invented for a story, but who hasn’t yet entered the story yet. I think having a big belly will make this more real.

BabyCenter.com also says I will feel like an emotional pinball. So far, I’ve been OK. I haven’t been any more emotionally pinbally than usual.

I may hop onto the emotional pinball machine on Wednesday, though, since that’s the day of our first ultrasound. Once we’ve seen the heartbeat and ensured that the baby is healthy and progressing as normal, we’ll be able to spill the beans to everyone.

I am so ready for Wednesday to get here. I’m sick of keeping this secret, particularly since it’s nearly impossible to think about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment