Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Lil Bebby

Note: This post is also on my other blog, A Sort of Notebook.

Here's a picture of young Scout.



No, Scout is not a cyclops. He/She is facing the camera, and that dark spot is the forming gray matter.

Here are some labels, for those of you who, like I was before yesterday, can make neither heads nor tails of an ultrasound image.



Here's another picture, this one showing the yolk sac, which feeds Scout until the placenta is ready (or something like that):



(Yes, the first thing Hubster asked when he saw my uterus was, "Is that the baby's tent?")

Gestational age is 8 weeks, 5 days. Fetal heart rate was 172. He/She is 1.99 cm from head to rump. He/She was wiggling its little arms--either practicing running, pretending to hold tiny Leki poles, or dancing up a storm.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! What a cute little peanut! I can't wait to meet him or her, and I hope it's a her because I have a ton of clothes to send you!

    ReplyDelete