Thursday, April 2, 2009

Guess Who Can't Keep a Secret



OK, so it was killing poor Sheltowee not to be able to tell. So I told him he could tell his close friends, John G. Young, Patrick Eugene Duggan, and Jeremy McClure. He's since talked to John and Pat and he said Pat was speechless at first. Pat! Speechless!

I can't remember who, but he said one of the two told him, "I didn't think that was possible." What do I look like, a post-menopausal old biddy? Um ... don't answer that.

Today's symptoms are the usual: hurting boobs and extreme fatigue. I don't know how I'm going to stay awake throughout the day. I don't know how I'm going to manage a 5-mile run after work. I feel like I have a bottle of NyQuil in me. I'm that tired.

I still haven't told anyone. That's because I can keep a secret, unlike a certain dad-to-be out there. I'm just not ready to tell anyone. I like having a secret.

I must admit, though, it's hard to keep making excuses for this crazy fatigue, or for the fact that I'm quitting caffeine. I have an inkling that my friend Lori has an inkling about Scout. Not sure why ... she just gave me a look when I said I was cutting back on caffeine. And she is a mom, so she has that intuition.

I would really like to tell my friend, Carla. Not only she is a close friend, but she has been hit with so much tragedy in the last few days ... I think it might make her smile to learn of a little one on the way. At the same time, I don't want to seem like I think everything's "all about me."

I'll know when the time is right.

1 comment:

  1. And you did know when the time was right. Your pregnancy is a very bright spot in my life right now. I am thankful you told me and invited me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete