Monday, April 27, 2009

Adoption Birthday

Thirty-nine years ago today, I became a Baxley and a Plaquemaniac.

Happy adoption birthday to me. Click here to read a lil ole "Where I'm From" poem I wrote five (five?!?) years ago to celebrate the occasion.

I am so grateful to my birthmother, Sherry, for her amazing act of selflessness--giving up her own child so it could have a better chance at life--and to Mrs. Gwen and Mr. Hugh for taking in a helpless (but admittedly adorable) little two-month-old stray, and for keeping and continuing to love said stray through good times and bad.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Happy adoption birthday!!! I'm so thankful for Mrs. Gwen and Mr. Hugh, and also so thankful that I've gotten to know you. Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband calls his adoption birthday his "Special Day" because that's when he was so special that his family chose to give him a home. He and his sister (who's also adopted) would get to use the Special Plate for dinner on their Special Day. The Special Plate says, "You are Special" on it.

    So, happy Adoption Special Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete