Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Normal" Brownies

So I made some brownies for a hiker/hippie friend of mine awhile back. A couple of weeks later, we're with another hiker friend, and my first friend is telling me how great the brownies were.

Our other friend asks, "Were they normal brownies?"

"Yes," I answer, and am about to say something like, "No siree, I don't do low-fat, low-sugar, or low-cal when it comes to sweets and desserts!"

Then I realize he's asking if they were legal brownies.

Heh. For me, "normal" means they weren't made with Splenda, egg substitute, or non-fat milk products.

It's good to be a geek.

(Though ... I do need to get out of the kitchen and into the woods more often ...)

2 comments:

  1. Which means, I guess, that illegal brownies are "abnormal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response would have been, "No, I put chocolate chips in them!" and I never would have even figured out the other meaning to the question. Heh

    ReplyDelete