Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Listening to Pandora Radio

Pandora’s assessment of my musical taste for today makes me feel boring yet tasteful.



In case you can't read the tiny writing, it says:

Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features mellow rock instrumentation, folk influences, acoustic sonority, major key tonality, and thru composed melodic style.
Mellow? Sonority? Melodic? Somehow, I'm pretty sure I'll be listening to Neil Diamond before the hour is over.

Earlier it was playing Led Zeppelin and Molly Hatchet. I guess I’ve morphed and mellowed a bit as the day has worn on.

It’s been a nice little diversion from my usual Bachian fare.

Heh ... as I finished this post and got ready to click Publish Post, "Hello Again" came on.

(Now y'all know what a music nerd I am when I'm not being all highbrow.)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Although why it thinks Neil Diamond is "through composed" is beyond me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows. My guess is that it's the same kind of iPod mentality that refers to everything remotely musical as a "song."

    ReplyDelete