Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Drowning in Play Work

That's where I've been, in case you were wondering. I was comparing "hours worked so far this week" with a co-worker, and felt like a slacker because I'd worked only a mere 19.55 hours. She'd already topped 20. And it had only been two days. (Of course, I didn't count the four hours I worked at home on Sunday. Shhhh ... don't tell the boss. We're not supposed to work on Sundays ... but if work is like play, shouldn't we be able to work whenever we want?)

Yes, things are going well at work. It would be different if I wasn't so completely involved in the job. I'm writing and editing and organizing and learning and researching and working toward a big goal (the deadline) ... all stuff I love doing. And on top of that, I love the people I work with.

Who knew that a job in Cubicle Land could be so much fun?

OK. Time to drag my lazy self out of the house. The Cube awaiteth.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like your work so much. Living closer must help, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy? You dare to call yourself lazy after those 19.55 hours at work? Sheesh! Compared to you, I'm completely indolent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing to hear somebody talk about work this way.
    p.s. and they're terrifically lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete