Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This Breaks My Heart

This is the church I grew up in. Its roof was destroyed by Hurricane Gustav. From what I've heard, the rain leaked in and left an entire foot of water inside.



Photo compliments of my old friend Caroline, who posted some photos on her Facebook page.

I really wish the national news would report that parts of Louisiana were devastated. All we hear about is how great it was that New Orleans was spared and the evacuees want to go home. I've hardly seen a thing about Baton Rouge or Plaquemine (my hometown).

5 comments:

  1. Aww - very sad. These storms feel a million miles away - until we see our blog friends being affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the IRS is recognizing the devastated areas. These are some pretty names for towns!

    "Taxpayers who reside in or have a business located in the following parishes qualify for the relief announced today: Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Cameron, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Sabine, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Terrebonne, Vermilion, Vernon, West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Waterfall!

    Do you have an email address? I am interested in sponsoring your blog. Please send me an email to discuss: cassie003@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    All the best,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Waterfall,

    I'm making the rounds just in case you didn't get an email invitation. Our email database is spotty at best.

    The Extravablogiversapaloozathon 2008 is September 27th, and we're hoping every area blogger will come!

    Party Info here.

    BlogAsheville awards nomination thread here.

    RSVP thread here.

    ReplyDelete