Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oprah. Whatever.

I just got an e-mail from the Traditional Values Coalition (?) telling me to e-mail Oprah Winfrey and pressure her to have Sarah Palin on her show.

Why should I do that? I don't even like the Oprah Winfrey Show. Every time I've tried to watch it (generally when I'm on the treadmill at the gym), I switch to another channel 15 minutes in because I think it's a silly show. If I were Sarah Palin, I wouldn't want to go on that show. I don't care how many people watch it.

And Ms. Winfrey's reasons for not wanting to have her on during the election season made perfect sense to me. Her show isn't my cup o' tea, but her reasoning on that issue is sound. It sickens me how Traditional Values Coalition types are twisting things around to make it seem otherwise.

Get a grip, conservative value-voter peoples. The spin these days is rampant enough. I can't read or watch the news without getting dizzy. And now my e-mail account is being assaulted.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

4 comments:

  1. You mean you are not making this issue your top priority! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oprah. Must. Obey. Oprah. Supreme Being. High Leader.

    (I actually think Oprah might be Xenu.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oprah, whether we like it or not, launched Obama, whom no one had ever heard of before she supported him as her candidate of choice. Because of her, he is where he is today. Which is now hopefully getting mired down in his prompter-fed rhetoric and disillusioning prospective supporters everywhere. I never understod what his "excitement" was all about anyway.

    Regardless, I am with you. Palin is so far above Oprah. To be honest, years ago, I liked Oprah, and watched her whenever I could. But I doubt that I've seen her show three times in the last eight or so years, INCLUDING at the gym. I think the last one I watched was where she gave away a brand new car to everyone in the audience. What admiration she gained! What a wonderful person she was! OMG, how lucky everyone was who happened to be there at that particular show! That turned me off soooo much. That money could have been donated in so many other ways other than to make people adore her for the moment. Sorry, gotta go barf now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand the mentality.

    If Oprah doesn't want Palin on her show, then that should be the end of it.

    But at the same time, if her audience is mad because of it, then that's a risk she's obviously willing to take.

    What I find even more hilarious, is that no one is pushing for John McCain to be on Oprah.

    ReplyDelete