Is Today the Day?

Hubster is confident.

"I asked the lender, 'Is there anything, anything at all, that can get in the way of our closing at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday?' The lender said 'no.' Wifey, he's confident that nothing will stop us this time."

"He was confident on Monday," I replied. "Then again on Tuesday. Then yesterday, he all but swore up and down that we would close at 3 in the afternoon."

"But this time is different."

Whatever. I'll believe it when I see the signed papers.

We spent some time at the house--the one we want to buy--yesterday. The only sense of ownership I have right now is of George, who has already been living there for a week.

"Where do you want to keep your silverware?" my mom asked. "And your coffee pot? And your dishes?"

"I don't want to think about it," I said. "I'm not going to mentally or emotionally move into this house until I know I can move into it physically as well."

I'm not usually such a pessimist. It's been a rough week.

But still, today might be the day. I sure hope so, because the movers are coming tomorrow!

P.S. If you enjoyed my previous post, be sure and check it out again. I've been updating it like crazy and have added a beautiful picture to boot.

Comments

Popular Posts