Monday, July 14, 2008

Things I'm Looking Forward To

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to about moving to Work Village:

1. Cooking. I've barely cooked a single meal since I started working in Work Village. I haven't had time. I eat lots of "no-cook" foods--salads, fruit, yogurt, nuts, etc. I'm looking forward to making grilled salmon with steamed asparagus and brown rice.

2. Baking. I've baked here and there on weekends, but not as much as I'd like to. I love to bake. When I live in Work Village, I'll be able to whip up a batch of cookies on a Wednesday night after work and running and dinner, if I feel so inclined.

3. Getting home before 9:00. During the busy season, I was rarely home before 10 p.m. Even during the summer--the non-busy season--I usually don't get home until after 8:00. Between commuting and fitting in that all-important workout (and grocery-shopping and errand-running), I get home late nearly every night. I am so excited at the prospect of leaving work at 5:30, doing everything I need to do, and still being home by 7:00.

4. Reading. Since I don't get home until late, the usual chores--fixing something to eat, vacuuming, washing clothes, weeding the garden, cleaning the kitchen, etc.--end up taking me past 10:00. I used to read for at least an hour before going to sleep. Now I can make it for about 5 minutes. As a result, I've been reading the same three books since January.

Of course I'm looking forward to becoming a writer and a pianist again. That goes without saying.

Three weeks, five days. Then we move.

Update: I just re-read this post. I can't believe how wifey-ly domestic I've become. Kind of scary. And what's scarier is how happy I am all the time.

Geez. Maybe I really am becoming a Stepford wife. What do you think, eArThworm??

5 comments:

  1. Nah, you're too intelligent for that to happen. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy cooking, though. And, believe it or not, last night for dinner I had salmon, rice and asparagus. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's wrong with being wifey-ly domestic as far as cooking? I'm that way and I'm not even a wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. eArThworm: I am jealous! I am so looking forward to my first salmon-rice-asparagus dinner! :)

    sherry: Nothing, nothing a-tall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're just looking forward to having your balance back.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jammie j.: Yes, I think you're right about that.

    ReplyDelete