Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some Pictures from the Weekend

I spent this weekend in Lexington with Sherry. On Friday night, much to my delight, Simon(e) the cat snuggled up to me and purred and let me pet him. This was a first. Here is Simon(e), posing for Sherry's new camera:



On Saturday, Sherry and I picked up Rebecca from her group home and went to the N.C. Zoo in Asheboro.

Here's Wilhelm the Polar Bear, sleeping in the hot sun:



Here's a comfortable-looking meerkat:



Here's an elephant (or, as my sister Mu would say, an elewie):



Here's a gator that Sherry swore was fake ... until it moved.



Here are a couple of uncaged humans sitting on a rock:


One of the humans is a subspecies of Homo sapiens, known as caffeinus addictus.


All in all, a very fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. My cat does the meerkat lookout pose. Looks like you had fun. I haven't been to the zoo this year.

    ReplyDelete