Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seeing the Light

I feel like I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. (I know ... hopefully it's not an oncoming train.)

Seriously ... today was the last day that I really put heart and soul into "staging" this house. Tomorrow the new carpet is being installed. Tuesday the realtor is coming to take all new pictures. Also on Tuesday afternoon ... we drop our price. Slightly.

This house is so much nicer than it was when we put it on the market.

Today, I painted the sunroom and it is beautiful. I also painted the front door. It was originally white and full of smudges and dirt, and now it's a pretty moss green. I painted four coats because I like painting lots of coats and I had plenty of paint.

I also cleaned the fireplace. It only made sense. I mean, if there is one day in a lifetime that's the best day to clean the fireplace, I would think it would be the day before you get new carpet installed.

Outside, my petunias are thriving. My impatiens are recovering from the freeze last week and starting to look happy and blushy again. The hostas are going crazy. The ferns are downright joyous-looking.

I feel like such a happy little homemaker. How happy I would be in that 110-year-old farmhouse.

OK, I'll stop thinking about the farmhouse. Hubster passionately does not want the farmhouse. I love Hubster. We will not get the farmhouse. (This is one of those "pick your battles" situations.) But I still want the farmhouse.

I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have to paint or clean anything, and can spend the weekend writing and playing piano in the farmhouse and running and hiking instead.

Maybe we'll get an offer this week.

1 comment:

  1. My thinking is that the hubster is off and away hiking and living his dream, while leaving you to deal with selling the old house and buying a new one, either of which he will eventually come home to, so if I were you (which I'm not, which is probably why neither of my marriages worked out), I would buy the farmhouse and seriously put George to work! And buy a couple of horses . . .

    ReplyDelete