I got so tired of looking at the eyesore that passes for a fence in front of my house.
OK, so the whole thing is an eyesore, but the worst part is the non-fence from when the pizza delivery guy hit it five years ago and nearly drove into our kitchen. See the non-fence there, at the far-right of the picture?
So I pulled some old fence parts from our front yard (hidden in trees so no one could see them anyway) and brought them up to the eyesore. And then I went and bought a posthole digger. And then I Googled "how to use a posthole digger" and ended up here.
Once my introductory postholing class was over, I went outside and got to work.
And I dug my first posthole. Ever.
Then I dug a second posthole ever and went to put the horizontal fence parts in ... and my second posthole was just a wee bit too close to the first one. So I had to fill it all in with the dirt and dig my third posthole. Ever.
And then I had to connect them. This is very difficult to do with rotted fence parts, but I managed.
I'm not blind ... I am well aware that it's still an eyesore. We still have a bit of non-fence there. But hopefully it's a tiny bit less of an eyesore than it was before. And at least it might deter pizza guys from plowing into our kitchen after dark.