Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lollygagging

It's Lollygag Central here at the Waterfall household today. Today's big job is to paint the sunroom Bewitching Blue. So I'm playing on the internet instead.

Yesterday I got the paint stuff, caulked like a madwoman (sunroom and bathroom), weeded, got Hubster's car washed, inspected, and oil-changed, taped up the sunroom in anticipation of the paint job, ran three miles, and did about two hours worth of tech-writing work for my job. (I'm not supposed to work at home, but I'm organizing an intranet-type website, and it was just too much fun to hold off on until Monday.)

OK. Once the room is painted ... I'm balancing the checkbook. If I have any money left in the rapidly dwindling home-improvement budget, I'm going to get some more flowers for the new garden. A garden by the front door works wonders. My little old heart leaps up every time I pull into my driveway and see all those pretty flowers.

Now I'm having strange urges to go to junk stores and find cheap stuff I can spray paint, magically transforming it into Nice Stuff That Looks Good In My House.

My house. The hope is that it won't be my house much longer. But now I want the 110-year-old farmhouse even more. My soul pines for the 110-year-old farmhouse. Alas, the Hubster wanteth it not. Woe is me. I. Woe art I. What Ev Er.

This is what it means to lollygag. I guess this is also what it means to "stay busy" while Hubster is gone. Time to go paint.

1 comment:

  1. Waterfall-
    I'm not sure if you will get this but my name is Phoenix Rising and Sheltowee told me to call you (he gave me your number) when I was approaching the Smokies on my trail magic journey. I met him at Kick Off last weekend while catching up with Honey and Bear (I worked fr them for the season in 05) and he requested I give you a hug from him because he misses you so much. :) I am leaving ATL this evening, headed up your way hoping to be in the area on Tues and I would love to meet you and talk trail!
    Phoenix Rising!

    ReplyDelete