Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life = Back

Yes, the nature of my job is that my life, to some extent, revolves around tax season. This means that support season is over, as of 7 p.m. tonight for me. This means that I get my life back now. No more shifts. No more answering phones. No more tax forms. No more work weekends. No more late hours.

Just plain, simple tech writing. Fun with FrameMaker. Flexible hours. Time to run. Time to write. Time for George.

Of course, life won't be totally back to normal. But it's nice to sit here, glass of red wine in front of me, and know that I don't need to go to work tomorrow. And to know that I survived my first tax season at this company.

As far as stress levels, it didn't hold a candle to that year I was a teacher. Life is good.

I'll be back to work Thursday. I'm looking forward to going back and settling back in to the productive summer season.

1 comment:

  1. "As far as stress levels, it didn't hold a candle to that year I was a teacher."

    May I trade my stress level for yours, please?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete